December 24, 2014

Strength from Prayer

I read about prayer in the Bible dictionary today in class. The part that stuck out the most was "Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other. The object of pray is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them."

​ I have learned for myself the power of prayer. I have gained so much strength through pleading with my Father in Heaven for aid. I have learned that asking for help is not showing weakness. Weakness comes from not admitting its presence. Those who are truly strong are those who admit their weaknesses and bring them to the Lord to be made strong. The strength that comes from our Father in Heaven cannot be obtained any other way. ​

Our Father wants to helps us. Let Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik