December 16, 2014

Be Faithful: Full of Faith

"Faith is a principle of power." ~Preach my Gospel pg 116

Faith allows us to return back to our Father in Heaven. It is an enabling power. We cannot obtain the highest degree of glory in God's kingdom on faith alone, but it's the first step toward it. Through faith, we are inspired to take action to become more like our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. It's faith that leads us to taking advantage of the Atonement, thus enabling us to return to God's presence. 

In Mark 4:35-41, it tells the story of Christ sleeping on a boat caught in a storm. Beforehand, He had told the men on the boat "let us pass over unto the other side." It was His will that they went out to sea. Even though it was the Lord's will, and He was physically with them, the men began to panic when the storm came. In the end Christ calmed the storm. 

How many times do we panic when on the Lord's errand? I know I have more times than I care to admit, just in the MTC!

As a missionary, I am doing Christ's work daily. However, though it is less obvious, we are all here on His errand. We are here to follow God's plan, the Plan of Salvation. While here, we have the opportunity to be the Savior's hands. How cool is that?! He trust us, imperfect beings, to do His work. To do the work that He would do if He were in our position. This is what it means to be a representative of Christ; to take His name upon us. That is the covenant that is made at baptism. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we do our best to follow our Redeemer's perfect example in our daily lives. 

So why do we feel discouraged when we do His work? I know I do because I feel inadequate. However, I know feelings of inadequacy and fear are not from my Father in Heaven. They are from the adversary. He does not want me to do my Father's and Lord's work. Whomever the Lord calls, He will qualify! What a beautiful promise! I know that I can avoid these feelings completely by accepting the help of Jesus Christ. I am just like the men on that boat. I can always have my Savior right here with me as long as I live worthily of His Spirit. He is waiting to help all of us. 

I invite you to be full of faith for our Savior, Jesus Christ. Eu sei que ele é nosso Salvador e ele ama todos pessoas! Seu evanglho é verdaderai. Seguire seu perfecto examplo. Ele vai ajudar voce!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik